Thursday, January 27, 2011

Saddle up your horses ~

~We've got a trail to blaze
Through the wild blue yonder of God's amazing grace
Let's follow our leader into the glorious unknown
This is a life like no other - this is The Great Adventure ~

The intro to this song is unmistakable... One of the reasons I love XM radio, you hear things you wouldn't normally hear on everyday radio, like a great song from childhood. This classic is a favorite of my family but it doesn't come on nearly enough, and today was perfect timing. On my way to sushi with a girlfriend (which is excellent therapy by the way) that amazing instrumental came through my speakers and I was that dork blasting my radio at the intersection... Then belting along with it. Don't worry, it was incredibly clear to everyone at the tarffic light how totally cool I was.

I just love how our Lord puts things in our path exactly when we need them. He KNOWS what is on your heart. When I come to transitions in life - moves, jobs, relationships - my amazing family and friends are so supportive and encouraging. For instance, Jordan is meeting me at the storage unit to sort STUFF... that's commitment people. I have a LOT of stuff. She may need to BE committed before the end of the day. Here's my thinking though - it's cleanse time. Time to purge anything unnecessary - if it doesn't fit in the car, it doesn't need to go! When was the last time you really purged your life of something? Belongings, habits, bad health? Start with clean eating for a week, then maybe clean out a closet. See how you feel. It can really be a freeing experience! And a fresh start is always a good thing.

Because... this IS the Great Adventure!!!

Happy trails,
MC

1 comment:

  1. Your mother wants that song played at her funeral...just FYI.

    Jordan is a true friend to come help you 'cleanse'. Not sure I could come close to doing that...

    Dad

    ReplyDelete