Saturday, January 22, 2011

We bear the light of the Son of Man

... so there is nothing left to fear~

Jess has me newly addicted to Andrew Peterson, I love his sound! Soothing contemporary Christian. And "Dancing in the Minefields" is a cool song. This is definitely my favorite line. Mostly because I think we live much of our life basing choices on fear. Fear of the unknown, fear of change, fear of rejection, fear of failure...

I'm not a "new year's resolution" kind of gal. Case and point: I started my diet the week before Thanksgiving. I just don't really understand how making a life change January 1 is going to be more impactful than starting it any other time. However, I will admit the approach of the new year had me examining life choices more closely. 2010 was a doozy of a year for our family, but more than that, I've made some major changes/choices in life since college graduation almost 5 years ago (woah! old!). And you know what I realized? No matter how terrifying/intimidating/frustrating/disappointing/exciting the change seemed at the time, I made the most of it and learned something every time. I can't say I've made any "bad" choices, or really that there are any I regret. There are changes I wasn't fond of at the time (job loss, anyone?) but that situation led me to the next, and eventually where I am supposed to be.

I know, ambiguous and evasive as it may seem, I really do have a point. But you're going to have to wait a little longer! Change is a-comin... As Jessica and I decided last night, "I'm headed in the right direction, I'm just not sure where that direction takes me yet!"

~MC

No comments:

Post a Comment