Thursday, February 17, 2011

Walkin' on sunshine ~

~ And don't it feel good!

Wow. What a crazy couple of weeks. I've been MIA for two weeks to pretty much everyone in my life with this move. And it's been an incredible couple of weeks. You'll get more details soon but the basics are as follows:

Moved to Destin Sunday, Feb 7. After a few stops, got to Adam's apartment in the evening, to unload the basics and get some sleep. Monday AM - Movers show up, pick up Adam's big furniture and boxes and move into the rental house (where we dropped most of my stuff the night before). Adam goes to work, and I supervise mover unload and getting settled. He works Tuesday, I unpack. I start work Wednesday. And then work until the following Tuesday. Yep, like two days ago Tuesday.

Work is amazing. I feel like I'm picking up really quickly, which is nice. The systems are difficult to get used to but I think that's the case in any job. Big learning curve with the devices for sure, lots of phones to learn. But I love talking to people, getting to know people that will return if you give them good service; people buy from people they like. My boss is great and I work with fun people.

And we live a half-mile from the beach!! Can I just say - the water here is so clear and blue, it's incredible. And the sand is like white sugar. We have found some incredible places to eat and grab drinks, literally ON the beach! It's definitely more commercial than Hilton Head, but still gorgeous. And has some of the great features of Dallas - restaurants, shopping, etc. A great combination. Our house is fantastic, although we're still getting settled. Sperry loves it - her favorite features are the fireplace and the windows. She prefers the blinds raised 18" in all windows so she can see out. :-)

So many apologizes for failing to return any phone calls, emails, etc that I've missed. We've been busy... walkin on sunshine... When are you coming?



Ciao for now,
MC

No comments:

Post a Comment